The duties listed below are not all of the duties that may be assigned but are those that are considered as essential for an employee to perform.
- Oversees the physical building and daily operations of the Library. Supervises branch assistants; manages daily public service & technical operations of the Branch, including responsibility for maintaining discipline & security.
- Enforces Library policies & procedures in the delivery of service to patrons.
- Provides readers’ advisory, reference, & information assistance to patrons-in-house, by phone, fax, or email.
- Registers borrowers and collects fines & fees.
- Assists patrons in using computer resource: word processing, Internet, and online databases.
- Plans & implements library programs & activities such as story times for preschoolers, senior citizen programs, etc.
- Makes recommendations for the purchase of library materials; weeds collection as needed.
- Promotes branch services in-house and in the community via exhibits & displays, speaking engagements, and participation in community events. Closes February 17. For more information click here